Data Cabling Engineers are responsible for the installation of network infrastructure including structured cabling systems to support voice, data and CCTV. These engineers may also install fibre cables and network equipment according to company needs.
Data Cabling Engineers usually perform the following tasks:
• Installing cables.
• Testing and terminating cables.
• Patching systems.
• Solving issues related to cables and networks.
• Fault finding.
• Having hardworking methods.
• Being self-motivated.
• Having competent written and spoken communication abilities.
• Being proactive.
• Good Communication
• Being flexible and creative.
• Being able to prioritise effectively.
• Having teamwork abilities.
• Having attention for details.
• Having competent math skills.
• Being able to stay calm under pressure.
• Be able to install, terminate and test:
o Cat6a – not essential but beneficial
o Multimode fibre optical cable
o Singlemode fibre optical cable
o Blown fibre – not essential but beneficial