Whitehouse Primary School
Whitehouse Primary is a new build school based in Milton Keynes as part of a £160M programme to deliver 10,000 extra school places by 2018. The school opened its doors for the 2016/17 intake and will have provision for 630 pupils from ages 4-11 plus a nursery unit.
The requirement was for all IT related products and services that the school would need on opening and bidding would be as part of a tendering process.
All equipment provided needed to be compliant with the specifications outlined by the school and be able to be delivered and commissioned in time for the projected opening date by the successful bidders.
As with most new build projects the timeframe was very tight and the amount of time from submission of bids to delivering and handing over was only over a five week period.
The requirements for the tender were very varied and ideally would need to be handled by a single contractor who could integrate everything and make sure the project deadlines were strictly adhered to, so the school could be operational from the first day of term.
Adaptive IT's Solution
Our bid was spec compliant and we were successful in supplying the following products and services –
- 65″ Interactive Touchscreens for each classroom
- Digital Visitor Management system for Reception area
- WiFi Solution for coverage for the whole school campus
- Cat6A Structured Cabling system for all networked equipment
- Main School Server hardware
- IT Support contract – including on-site support
- IP Telephony System
- Cloud-based back up service
- PC & Laptop hardware for school users
- Active network switching provision for main data cabinet
- Un-interruptable Power Supply (UPS) for all rackmounted equipment
- Anti-Virus for hardware supplied
- Card Printer to design and supply credentials for Access Control & VM Systems
- Interactive Touchscreen wall mounting bracketry and mobile unit
- Internet Router and associated peripherals
- Installation, configuration & commissioning of all of the above
- Training as required as part of the handover process
Adaptive IT align ourselves with the best-in-class solution, in our opinion, for any product and service we supply and using our experience from similar new build projects we recommended the following –
- Clevertouch Plus LED HD Interactive Touchscreens and accessories – wall mounted screens were mounted in each position
- InVentry Digital Visitor Management system – Touchscreen installed in main reception with card reader for staff to sign in
- Ruckus WiFi – 19x a/c level access points deployed across the school for total coverage
- Cat6A Structured Cabling system consisting of 345 outlets terminated into a 42U central data cabinet
- Dell Poweredge Server as main Server hardware, housed in main cab
- Initial support contract for 2016/17 Academic year – unlimited remote and telephone helpdesk support plus 1 1/2 day onsite per week for term time.
- Avaya IP Telephone system with all desk handsets for staff
- 500GB cloud-based back up to facilitate automated back up of school data to a secure off-site data centre
- High end Dell Latitude Laptops and HP Small Form Factor PC’s supplied for all hardware needs
A proposed programme of works was agreed with an implementation of physical installation followed by a process of final installation, configuration and commissioning. Project plan was kept to a stringent timeframe to ensure all elements supplied were deliverable to deadline.
Full on-site orientation was given to key stakeholders for each technology installed.
The warranty of all equipment supplied is managed by Adaptive IT, plus as part their dedicated support contract the school enjoy unlimited telephone helpdesk and remote support from our Tech Team.
This project had the kind of challenge and time associated pressure we thrive on. As a company we do specialise in new build environments and are well versed in works of this nature. The different equipment required and supplied by us gave us a great chance to showcase our talents across a whole host of technologies. We are very proud to have been able to deliver in full and on time and look forward to deliver further projects of this type in the future.Ross Alexander