CLB Acoustic Monitoring &
Intelligent Nurse Call,
Managed WiFi, IP Telephony,
Established in 2009, New Care is a development-led care home operator providing “New Generation” care facilities. The health, well-being and happiness of residents is always their number one priority.
Nurse Call provision needed to be made for all of the 68 resident bedrooms including en-suites, Communal Areas, Assisted Bathrooms & WC’s.
Adaptive IT's Solution
CLB Acoustic Monitoring & Nurse Call
Traditional Nurse Call is usually reliant on interaction from the service user either pulling a pull cord or pressing a call bell for assistance. Many residents do not have the cognitive or physical ability to do this so they become more reliant on periodic checks or “reactive” technologies such as pressure sensors to know when intervention is required.
Pressure sensors only tell you when something has happened and this may be already too late in the case of a fall while periodic checks can unnecessarily disturb residents and have a detrimental effect on their health and well-being.
With CLB Acoustic Monitoring a sensor monitors sound levels in a room and when a concerning noise is heard an alert is sent to a central station to be assessed by care staff and a suitable course of action is taken.
This means that the need for checks is reduced, disturbance is kept to a minimum, care is only given when needed and events that may ordinarily not have been uncovered are addressed and dealt with in a timely fashion.
KEY FEATURES & BENEFITS –
For Residents – Less disturbance at night means better sleep quality which delivers tangible wellbeing benefits – such as,
– Less susceptible to falls
– More active in the daytime
– Less stress and anxiety
– Less reliance on medications
– By being better rested residents are more likely to be able to eat so weight loss issues can be addressed
– Privacy protected & Dignity improved by less in-room interventions – this especially helps new residents that are adjusting to a new environment
– Aggression detected so abuse is prevented.
The system also delivers –
– Preventative Care – As staff are alerted as soon as a resident is about to get out of bed they can proactively provide assistance which significantly reduces the number of fall incidents.
For Staff –
– Care staff are much better informed as to what care is required for each resident during the night
– Improved response times to events can lead to improved outcomes – Medical events such as choking and cardiac arrest have been able to be identified
– Care decisions made by care staff – once Acoustic Alert is generated, staff can use, 2-way communication, Live Audio, Recording of what generated alert or Live IP Video feed to make a decision.
– Less in-room checks mean staff can concentrate on delivering care only when needed
– By working more efficiently and performing fewer in-room checks staff are more engaged and have more time for other duties
– Staff safeguarded as events with accusatory or aggressive residents are picked up by the system
– Fewer hospital admissions
– Reduction in challenging behaviours from residents as they are more rested.
– Peace of Mind with 24/7/365 support
– Integration with IP Cameras and other 3rd party interfaces
– Improved efficiency of working so drives ROI
– Proven record of success over many years
– Person-centred approach leads to a better level of care
– Transparency of night care – valuable data of alarms and how they are dealt with help keep track of what happens during the night.
– Better Customer Proposition – Improved resident well-being, more effective deployment of care and a better-informed organisation are strong parameters to improve the end-user decision.
– Centralised Care Model – Gives an enterprise-level solution to larger organisations with thousands of care beds being monitored by a central hub. This is the prevalent approach in Holland.
To learn more about how this system can help you please click here.
Nurse Call alerts generated by the system we distributed discretely via App to mobile handsets carried by staff. This enables staff to efficiently answer calls on the move and residents are not disturbed by loud audible call bells, especially at night.
MANAGED WIRELESS –
Wireless Access Points were deployed throughout the building to give full and reliable coverage to all necessary areas.
Dedicated SSID’s were created to allow separate network access for residents, staff and visitors as required.
IP TELEPHONY –
A robust and feature-rich LG VOIP solution was installed with big button analogue phones for resident bedrooms and IP desk mounted handsets for staff.
Compatibility with incoming SIP lines and SIP client licences were supplied to mobile android handsets for staff to allow them to make and receive calls on the move.
CONNECTIVITY SERVICES –
SIP Channels, FTTC & Analogue lines were provided for all communication tech
Cheadle Manor is the 3rd new build Care Centre we have completed for New Care and is another one delivered under very challenging circumstances with COVID-19 remaining a major consideration for the scope of a project. Our team deserve special thanks for all of their hard work and dedication to ensure all project timescales were met on time as required.Jonathan White